Health Resources | Johnson County Kansas
If you have health-related questions about COVID-19, call the Johnson County Community COVID-19 Helpline at (913) 715-2819, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. .
Johnson County, Kansas COVID-19 Information
Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) COVID-19 Information
CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (English)
CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (Spanish)
CDC coronavirus disease 2019 (Chinese)
APHA Spanish Resource Center at COVIDGuia.org
Information for the public
Information for daycares, schools and employers
Information for Health Care Providers and Long-Term Care Facilities
Local and national resources for health information
Diseases and ailments
- Cancer – data, research and articles related to cancer.
- Diabetes – CDC data, research and articles related to diabetes.
- Flu – CDC data, research and articles related to influenza.
- heart disease – data, research and articles related to heart disease.
- CDC Food Safety – information on food-borne illnesses, how to prepare food safely, etc.
- My plate – ChooseMyPlate.gov provides practical information to help build healthier eating. Includes resources and tools for dietary assessment, nutrition education, and other user-friendly nutrition information.
- Food for all – CDC information on all things nutrition, including food groups and healthier food options.
- HealthFinder.gov – HealthFinder.gov is an online health database provided by the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Data and statistics – the results of studies conducted on health subjects. This includes alcohol, birth defects, HIV/AIDS, tobacco and more.
- Healthy people 2030 – Healthy People provides science-based national 10-year goals to improve the health of all Americans.
- Healthy weight – resources related to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Obesity and overweight – data and statistics related to obesity as well as strategies to deal with obesity.
- Physical activity – CDC resource on fitness guidelines for adults.
- Smoking and Tobacco – KDHE resources for quitting tobacco products as well as statistics on tobacco use.
- Information on the Great American Smokeout
- The Kansas City Medicine Cabinet – Provides assistance to low-income, underinsured and uninsured residents of the metropolitan area. Includes emergency dental care (fillings and extractions), diabetic supplies, durable medical equipment, hearing aids, prescriptions (no controlled substances), eye exams, and glasses.
- Health insurance – Get information about health insurance, including Medicaid and Medicare, and find help paying your medical bills.
- HealthCare.gov – Get health insurance or update your current health insurance plan.
- Parental information – Information from the CDC on parenthood. This includes information on parenting children from pregnancy to age 19.
- CDC School Health – The CDC provided a range of school health resources. Includes nutrition, data and statistics and more.
- Health for seniors – resource page by USA.gov to provide health information. Get help finding doctors, hospitals and health facilities. Learn about options for long-term care services, find help with common questions about buying and using medications. Includes ways to get help with prescription drug costs and to get Medicare and Medicaid resources.
- Health Information for Seniors – CDC information related to health aging.
- physical activity for older people – CDC physical activity guidelines for older adults.
- Travel Health – Seniors – Travel information for seniors. Includes information on vaccines, medications and injury prevention.