Finance Officer at Center for Community and Health Development International (CHAD INT’L)
CHAD’s knowledge of the local context and terrain has catalyzed partnerships with various reputable international and national non-governmental organizations. CHAD’s wealth of experience in program design and implementation has led to sustained engagements with communities, public and humanitarian sector partners and further resulted in regular contributions to sector goals.
To complement our efforts, we are recruiting to fill the position below;
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Prepare and maintain all books of accounts in digital and paper format, and in accordance with financial management principles and project standards
- In joint consultation with the project team on planned activities, prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly budget forecasts for review and approval by management control.
- Train the project field team on the financial processes and documentation required for the management of activities funded by the project.
- Hold weekly review meetings with the project team on planned activities to ensure they do not deviate from budget guidelines
- Responsible for supporting the project team in processing financial requests for budgeted project activities under the direct supervision of the management oversight team
- Prepare before the submission deadlines; weekly, monthly and end of project financial withdrawals as per CHAD INT’L guidelines for review by management oversight for action.
- Work in close consultation with donor finance staff to obtain appropriate advice on adhering to their funding principles/guidelines and reporting procedures.
- Be accountable, transparent and observe integrity in all financial transactions and implement guidelines in accordance with the CHAD INT’L project.
- Accountable to management control
- Perform any other task entrusted to you or requested in connection with the TCHAD INT’L project
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- A diploma in Accounting or Banking and Finance from a reputable university only
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBook or SAP)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and presentation
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience as a financial manager
- Experience working with an NGO will be an added advantage
- Spoken and written English language skills are required.
- Proven experience in working with multidisciplinary teams is required.
Other knowledge, additional skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to contribute to complex technical assistance programs/projects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to appreciate cultural and ethnic diversity
- Excellent diplomatic and persuasive skills
Interested candidates should apply; all resumes and covers no longer than 3 pages should be directed to the Human Resources Manager at the Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International. The CV/cover letter must be attached to firstname.lastname@example.org .Please include your name, position you are applying for as the subject of your email.
REMARK; CHAD ensures equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.