Neighborhood family practice commemorates opening of newly moved North Shore Community Health Center
On Monday, January 10, Neighborhood Family Practice (NFP) opened the doors to its new North Shore Community Health Center at 11906 Madison Avenue in Lakewood’s historic “Birdtown” neighborhood.
“In the summer of 2021, an unexpected but perfect opportunity presented itself for us to purchase this newer and larger building. affordable, high-quality health care services for people living in Lakewood and the surrounding area,” said Jean Polster, RN, MS, President and CEO of NFP. “We are extremely grateful for the support of the community to what we do.”
NFP recently added a second physician and expanded capacity for new patient appointments. NFP provides care at all ages regardless of ability to pay and accepts most insurance plans. Significant discounts are offered to the uninsured and those with high deductibles and copayments.
A groundbreaking ceremony, organized to commemorate the opening of the new site, was attended by the following people:
• Meghan George, Mayor, Town of Lakewood
• Dan O’Malley, Chair, Lakewood City Council and Ward 4 Councilor
• Jean Polster, Chairman and CEO of NFP
• Morgan Taggart, Chairman, NFP Board of Directors
• Jon Wise, NFP Board of Directors; Chair, NFP Facilities Committee
• Jay Carson, Chairman of the Board of the North Coast Health Foundation
• Terry Byrne, NFP Vice President of Health Center Operations
• Chad Garven, MD, Physician, North Coast Community Health Center
• Milijana Sucevic, Site Manager, North Coast Community Health Center
• Gina Gavlak, NFP Vice President of Business Development; President, North Shore Health Foundation
• Michelle Curry, NFP Vice President of Human Resources and Chief Diversity Officer
The Birdtown site is accepting new patients and can be reached at 216.281.0872.