Public Health Development Officer job at Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
We are looking for an experienced individual to act as a single point of contact for public health initiatives, projects and programs – improving healthy lifestyles in one of Sandwell’s 6 towns. Promote liaison between the local community and partner agencies such as voluntary sector community organizations, schools and workplaces.
Working as a single point of contact in one of Sandwell’s six cities, the incumbent will:
- Respond to local needs, opportunities and barriers by engaging with residents
- Maintain a local network of commissioners, vendors, key stakeholders and community groups
- Coordinate the development of accessible and integrated service pathways.
- Hold a university degree or have equivalent relevant experience.
- Have at least 2 years of experience working in public health, community engagement, or related environment to improve overall health and well-being.
Enhanced DBS verification is required for this role.
For an informal chat, please contact Ricky Byrnes on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07790945124
Our values; Confidence, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define our way of doing things and are reflected in our behavior. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organizational culture. Our values are key to achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when recruiting.
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies before their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your file as soon as possible. When completing your application, please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and need help applying, or have encountered a problem when applying for a job, please contact the resourcing team on 0121 569 3300 or email: hr_resourcing @sandwell.gov.uk