Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at the Center for Community and Health Development International (CHAD INT’L)
CHAD’s knowledge of the local context and terrain has catalyzed partnerships with various reputable international and national non-governmental organizations. CHAD’s wealth of experience in program design and implementation has led to sustained engagements with communities, public and humanitarian sector partners and further resulted in regular contributions to sector goals.
To complement our efforts, we are recruiting to fill the position below;
CHAD is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator for our Area Office in Borno State, North East Nigeria. The role of the M&E Coordinator is to establish and implement systems that support evidence-based decision-making, program and project performance, and internal management. The M&E Coordinator will contribute to quality programming by supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on program scale, relevance and effectiveness.
In this context, the M&E Coordinator will provide technical support to program staff regarding M&E and build capacity in the region by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost-effective and meaningful M&E systems. The coordinator reports to the program manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management of project staff leads the process of establishing monitoring and evaluation and accountability systems (community accountability response mechanism) at country office and area office program levels.
- Lead the development of guidance and frameworks for area office procedures, policies and processes that help institutionalize and support M&E.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including developing the theory of change, designing the logical framework, and budgeting for M&E.
- Participate in area office strategy discussions to ensure monitoring and evaluation remains a high priority in the program.
- Provide leadership, support to Technical Advisors, Project Managers and Area Managers in M&E planning and standardization across projects.
- Support project managers and coordinators through the development of methodology and tools for data collection and systems for ongoing data analysis.
- Develop a data management system for program and M&E data.
- Ensure that monitoring data is incorporated into management decisions and used in program management.
- Lead internal improvement processes (M&E matrices, macro logframes, etc.) as needed.
- Encourage and support the absorption of lessons and recommendations in the office, and emerging from various AO events (grant reviews, after action reviews, grant closures) and CO events (evaluations, evaluations, technical visits, learning reviews)
- Facilitate data analysis and improve program staff data literacy (and use of the institutional platform suitable for this) that supports strategic decision-making.
- Encourage community meetings/orientations at project start-up.
- Oversee and support the execution of M&E plans and accountability systems.
- At least 2-3 years of experience creating and leading the implementation of M&E systems for an NGO
- At least 3 years of experience working in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programming, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods
- High level English proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytical and computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- Management of insecure environments
- Manage resources to optimize results
- Empower and build trust
- Planning and producing results
Interested candidates should apply; all resumes and covers no longer than 3 pages should be directed to the Human Resources Manager at the Center for Community Health and Development (CHAD) International. The CV/cover letter must be attached to email@example.com .Please include your name, position you are applying for as the subject of your email.
REMARK; CHAD ensures equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.